Ice Maker Not Getting Water — Many contemporary refrigerators include an integrated ice maker. This is an extra advantage for you, and it makes a fantastic selling feature when you are thinking about placing your house in the current market, appliances and all.
Ge Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water – To lessen the chance of electrical shock, unplug this appliance from the power source or turn the home circuit breaker/fuse into the off position before attempting any cleaning or maintenance.
If There Is Absolutely No water going to the ice maker on your fridge test the following:
#- Guarantee that the ice maker is plugged in and turned on. The power cable for your ice maker is clogged to the left or rear wall of the freezer.
Examine the feeler squat or arm to be certain it could move freely. Ice blocking its motion will indicate into the ice maker to stop producing ice hockey.
#- Be certain that the water source is switched on into the fridge. This valve is generally located under the sink or at the cellar. There’s just 1 water line into the fridge nonetheless, you will find two plastic water lines which run from the dual water valve into the ice maker along with the water dispenser.
#- The fill tube entering the ice maker may freeze, causing no water for into the ice maker. The ice maker has to be eliminated to confirm this, and ought to be assessed by a service tech. Note – If that is true, the fridge will still function.
#- Clogged or partly clogged filter: Could lead to no water or slowly flowing water. Please alter the filter. Filters must be changed every 6 weeks.
- To validate a clogged filter, then please remove the filter and then put in the skip plug.
- If a skip plug wasn’t provided with the fridge, an individual could be arranged at 1-877-959-8688 Mon–Fri 8am–7pm, Sat 8:30am–5pm ET.
- When there’s new construction in your region, there may be sediment entering the water method. This excess sediment can clog your filters more often than the recommended 6 weeks.
To check if the ice maker itself is functioning:
- If the icemaker mold is vacant it is possible to pour about 4 ounces. Of water from the icemaker mold.
- Wait about two hours.
- If the ice maker strikes out the cubes, you understand the ice maker itself is functioning.